Fall is a beautiful time to enjoy the outdoors! Carlyle Lake’s fall opportunities will keep you busy the entire season! Enjoy the cool fall temperatures with family and friends while roasting hot dogs and marshmallows over a crackling campfire. Carlyle Lake offers opportunities at several campgrounds that stay open for fall camping.
- Coles Creek Campground will close September 27, 2021.
- Dam West and McNair Campgrounds will close November 1, 2021.
- Boulder Campground will close October 12, 2021.
- East Spillway and Eldon Hazlet State Park Campgrounds are open year round.
Reservations for USACE campsites can be made by calling the National Recreation Reservation Service at 1-877-444-6777 or online at www.recreation.gov. Sites are also available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Eldon Hazlet State Park reservations can be made online at camp.exploremoreil.com.
The public beaches at Keyesport, Dam West, McNair, Coles Creek, and Harbor Light Bay will be closing on September 15, 2021.
No camper? No problem! Make it a day trip and come out to bike or walk the Carlyle Lake Bike Trail. Bring some food to enjoy a picnic at one of the day use areas located nearby. The Willow Pond Trail, Little Prairie Nature Trail, and Chipmunk Trail are short, easy hiking trails that are great to take the kids on. Who knows what kind of wildlife you will see while exploring these areas!
Upcoming Events at Carlyle Lake
- Red Cross Blood Drive | Thursday, September 9th
- Whale of a Sail Regatta | Friday through Sunday, September 17th – 19th
- Carlyle Lake Triathlon | Sunday, September 19th
- National Public Lands Day | Saturday, September 25th
- Haunted Trail | Friday and Saturday, October 15th and 16th
- Fall Fest and Pick of the Patch | Saturday, October 16th
Carlyle Lake Visitor Center
The Carlyle Lake Visitor Center will only be open from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through September and will close on Sunday, September 26, 2021.
For more information on Carlyle Lake, contact the Carlyle Lake Project Office at (618) 594-2484 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org