Garage Sales – Fall 2019
Please join us September 20th – September 21st for the many garage sales happening all around the City.
If you are having a garage sale be sure to call City Hall at 594-2468 to get your address on the map.
- Deadline to be listed on the map is: Friday, September 13th
The maps will be available at all Carlyle gas stations, grocery stores & banks.
Clean-Up Week – Fall 2019
The City-Wide Clean-up week has been scheduled for September 25th – September 28th for residents within the city limits of Carlyle only. A dumpster will be placed inside the fence at the Street & Alley Maintenance Shed, 1811 Washington Street. Personnel will be at the gate to allow entrance with proof of City of Carlyle residency. You must have proof of residency to gain entrance such as City of Carlyle Utility bill, Illinois Power bill, cable bill, etc.
- Paint & Oil Cans are accepted but the lids must be removed and the cans have to be EMPTY & DRY
- Tires of any size are NOT accepted
- Televisions are NOT accepted
- The only items the Street Department will pickup are heavy metal objects (refrigerators, freezers, etc.) If you have a heavy metal object that needs to be picked up you will need to call City Hall to be put on the list for pick up. All items to be picked up must be set out at the alley or street.
Hours items will be accepted at the Street Shed are as follows:
Wednesday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
For questions or more details, call 594-5211 or 594-2468.
Leaf Vacuuming – Fall 2019
The City of Carlyle Street and Alley Department has scheduled leaf vacuuming for TBA.
- Those who wish to have their leaves vacuumed must have them in a row along the street. Do not put leaves on the street or curb. Leaves should be put along the EDGE of the street or curb no further than 5 feet from the edge of street or curb.
- Only residents who live along Franklin Street (Route 50) and 12th Street (Route 127) should put leaves in the alley for pick-up.
- DO NOT place leaves next to obstacles, such as sign posts, trees, hedges, mailboxes, etc. Considerable room is needed to maneuver the machine for pickup. Vehicles need to be away from leaf rows. DO NOT mix leaves with yard waste, such as sticks, limbs, etc.
Adhering to these rules will help to have everyone’s leaves picked up in a timelier manner.
For questions or more details, call 594-5211 or 594-2468. Thank you for your cooperation.